What You Can Expect
After a Tummy Tuck
After your tummy tuck, we may place small tubes near your incisions to ensure blood or fluids drain properly. These might be left in place for a few days after surgery, and we may prescribe an antibiotic to ensure you remain infection-free.
Your doctors might encourage you to try walking in the first few days after surgery so that you are not at risk of forming blood clots. After the procedure, you can also expect:
- To wear a supportive abdominal binder for six weeks
- Your doctor to instruct you not to make any harsh movements that could harm your incisions
- To attend follow-up appointments with your doctor to ensure you are healing properly
How Long After Surgery Is the Tumm Tuck Recovery Period?
How long your recovery after surgery will take depends on a few factors, such as your age and overall health. Depending on how your body reacts to the procedure, it could take a few weeks to a few months. In any case, you should be prepared to:
- Take some time away from work
- Hire child caretakers or ask friends and family to help if you have children
- Wear loose clothing
- Avoid your usual workouts or hobbies until your doctor approves you to return to these activities
Allow us to put our 40+ experience behind your health when you call us at (561) 499-0660.